One of my favorite YouTubers is Claudia Regalado. I go to her channel to learn how to prepare delicious Mexican food. Her recipes always inspire me and not one has failed yet. This recipe is my favorite so far and is so easy and incredibly good.
It is marinated chicken cooked with bacon, peppers and onions, topped with Oaxaca cheese and served with flour tortillas. You will think you’re sitting in your favorite Mexican restaurant, just add a Margarita or your favorite Mexican beer. I hope you will give this recipe a try. If you do, I know it will be a regular on your table.
*Recipe Inspiration ~ Claudia Regalado
- 1½ lbs boneless chicken breast cut into 1" cubes (or protein of your choice)
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder (I use New Mexican chili powder)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- 10 strips of bacon cut into ½" lardons
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1" cubes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1" cubes
- 1 small onion cut into 1" cubes
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 10 oz Oaxaca cheese mozzarella is a fine substitute
- Flour Tortillas
- Place cut chicken breast into a bowl. Add garlic, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, salt and the juice of lemon. Mix and let marinate while preparing other ingredients.
- Cook the lardons of bacon over medium heat until crispy and remove to a plate.
- In the same pot, cook marinated chicken in the bacon fat until golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Sauté peppers and onions in the left over bacon fat until softened over medium high heat.
- Turn heat to low and add back in the bacon and chicken along with the bunch of cilantro and stir.
- Cover mixture with the cheese and cover pan until cheese is melted, a few minutes.
- Serve with flour tortillas and top with your favorite toppings, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, etc.