I’d give all wealth that years have piled,
The slow result of Life’s decay,
To be once more a little child
For one bright summer day.
~Lewis Carroll, “Solitude”
We cannot look down on the food of our childhood as if we matured past the love of cookies. These little gems cannot be resisted, and they bring such a remembrance of childhood and Mom, and brothers and sisters. I plan on enjoying them to the full. I hope you do too.
Ingredients (36 to 48 cookies, depending on size)
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
2 lg eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cups quick or old fashioned oats
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and nuts; mix well.
Drop by rounded teaspoons (or use a small ice cream scooper) onto ungreased baking sheets.
¡Que aproveche! Enjoy!
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 lg. eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.