Do you need an easy dish but wouldn’t mind feeling pampered and comforted after a long day? If so, these Cornish hens will please almost any palate. In forty-five minutes you can be tearing off the first crispy leg or pulling the skin off the breast for the first succulent bite as I do. Sounds savage, doesn’t it. This dish can be paired with almost anything thing you have on hand; potatoes, rice, a salad, or whatever you please. It is a very good way to wrap up the day. Do try and enjoy!
Roasted Cornish Hens
- 2 2 lb Cornish Hens
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 small sprig thyme or rosemary optional
- Preheat the oven to 400° and lightly oil a baking sheet or shallow roasting pan.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and rub over the skin and into the body cavity of the hens.
- Put the hens on a baking pan and brush with melted butter. Place a sprig of thyme or rosemary into the cavity if using.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove hens from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.