Brown Sugar Glazed Baked Ham
A simple and delicious baked ham with brown sugar glaze
- 8 lbs fully cooked ham (you can use fully cooked, partially cooked or raw ham, just bake according to package directions)
- For the brown sugar glaze:
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried mustard
- 2 tbsp orange juice or enough to make a thick spreadable paste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Preheat oven to 325°.
Bake the ham according to package directions.
Forty-five minutes before the ham is done pull out of oven and score a diamond shape pattern into the fat portion of the ham cutting through the skin and cover with the brown sugar glaze.
Return to the oven and finish baking until done with an internal temperature of 140°.
When done, remove the ham from the oven and tent with aluminum foil for 10 to 15 minutes, then carve.