Judías Blancas con Chorizo
This plate of white beans and chorizo has the power to resurrect a dead man. It is a dish that is more than comforting, especially on cold days when what we want is a hot dish that warms us from inside.
- 150 gr of chorizo sliced in 1" pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped in large pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 large tomato peeled and seeded
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans large white beans 15 oz drained and rinsed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and sweet paprika, stir and cook for 1 minute, until it begins to give off aroma.
Add the tomato and the sliced chorizo to the onion mixture. Stir continuously while cooking for about 5 minutes.
Add the beans and the bay leaf, and just cover with water.
Increase the temperature until it starts to boil. When it begins to boil lower the temperature, cover the pan and let it cook over low heat for at least 30 minutes or until thickened.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.