Pisto Manchego is the Spanish version of Ratatouille. It is made of the best flavors of summer ~ zucchini, tomatoes, onions and bell peppers.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 medium or 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 small zucchini cubed
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 large beef tomatoes or 4 medium tomatoes peeled and cubed
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pan or cazuela. Put in the onion and garlic and fry gently until they are translucent.
Add the vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Let the vegetables cook over medium heat until the liquid is mostly evaporated about 30 minutes.